Friday, January 8, 2010

Bad start

So I know I promised more posts at the end of 2009 and as you can see I haven't really gotten off to the greatest start now have I?

Okay so I'm going to backtrack just a bit so I can explain the things I wanted to blog about but didn't.

My 20th Birthday! My 20th birthday was on the 20th of December so you can say it was my golden birthday or special or whatever you wish to call it. The night before my birthday we went to dinner at the Coronado Brewing Company per my request. Lovely food. We had to wait a while to be seated but the grub was so worth it. Then Sunday morning, OJ let me open my presants and we pretty much lazed about until around 3 when my friend Tara got off work and the real fun happened. There is a rock climbing gym not 10 miles from our house and we have never gone. So I asked if we could go for my 20th. I was glad we went. He had a lot of fun. BUT let me tell you about the aching muscles we had later. Harumph. Then Tara left and we went out to The Mandarin House for dinner (per O.J's request). Overall a pretty good birthday.

CHRISTMAS!!! It was a lovely day for us. Woke up, opened presants, enjoyed each others company for a little while before we both started playing with our new toys. Watched Sunshine Cleaning and It's A Wonderful Life. It was nice.

NEW YEARS!!! Ahh the eanding of one year and the start of a fresh one. Our New Year's Eve was a nice one. We got some nice steaks, lots of finger foods, and enjoyed our last meal of 2009. Then later we went to a friend's house where we played video games for a little while (I'm not so good at those myself) then more people arrived and we played Cranium. Our team lost but not by much. Then we went to this local bar to ring in the new year. It was funny because they handed out hats and noise-makers and poppers. The only dampener was the woman at the table behind me losing all her dinner on the table and floor. Other than that, it was fun.

So goodbye 2009, hello 2010. It's always hard to remmeber to change the date at the beginning of a new year, but we'll all get used to it just in time to have to change it again for 2011. We have a long year ahead of us though, and I am so greatful for the family and friends I have to keep me company. So pack away the Christmas decorations, and bring in the Valentines chocolates, because even though I'm working out a lot more now, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy my off days right?

No comments:

Post a Comment